Nowadays more and more attention is put on microbiological purity of materials. Microbiological monitoring enables reduction of biological hazards. In our laboratories we perform qualitative and comparative microbiological testing of non-sterile materials under aerobic conditions:
- control and assessment of the microbiological purity of the surface,
- control and assessment of the microbiological purity of water,
- control and assessment of the microbiological purity of the environmental samples.
The tests are intended to evaluate the efficiency of antimicrobial protection offered by catalytic and photocatalytic products. We perform also tests tailored to the customers needs. We use the following methodology:
- inoculation with ready-made agar medium in Petri dishes and subsequent colony counting,
- bioluminescence method using the luminotester, a very fast method based on the enzymatic reaction of released ATP in the presence of microorganisms. Functional tests are performed at surfaces and in solutions using certified swabs (e.g., LuciPac Pen, LuciPac Pen-Aqua).
The detailed methodology is discussed and adjusted depending on the nature of the sample and the clients’ needs.